Masturbation is something that a lot of men do even if they do not want to admit it. There are some who do it for fun while others just feel the urge every now and then. No matter what your reason is for wanting to masturbate, you cannot help but wonder if it has other effects on the body. Does masturbation increase testosterone? It will be up to you to find out. You have to remember that there are different things that can increase the level of testosterone that men have.
A Hormonal Cycle
The key to making sure that masturbation will have an effect on your testosterone levels is if you are going to masturbate at the right time. When you masturbate, you ejaculate and you experience orgasm. When you successfully ejaculate, you have to wait for 6 days without masturbating and on the 7th day, you will have high levels of testosterone.
Does masturbation increase testosterone? Some studies show that while you are masturbating, you may increase your testosterone levels a bit. Just remember that the effect will not be too significant. It may be the same with how your testosterone levels may increase a bit when you are having sex. After you are done with the act, your testosterone levels come back to normal. If you are a young man, your testosterone levels may increase a bit after masturbating and having sex.
What About Frequent Masturbation?
There are some men who become addicted to masturbation because they get a sense of high whenever they do it. When a man does it too often, he may not want to have sex with his partner anymore because he gets the type of high that he needs in an easier and effective manner. When you normally masturbate, your testosterone levels may decrease a bit and your libido will significantly decrease too. This can cause issues in the long run so it is best that you avoid doing it too often.
Increasing Your Testosterone
Now that you know the effect of masturbation on your testosterone levels, you may want to know some details on how you can increase the levels of your testosterone naturally. These are some of the things that you can do:
- Make sure that you do the proper exercises. Remember that not all types of exercises can increase your testosterone levels. You need to target the big muscle groups in your body. The bigger the muscle group that you target, the more effective the exercises are going to be. Remember that a short workout as long as the intensity is high will increase your testosterone better as compared to a long workout.
- Try to meditate. There are a lot of men who do not like to meditate because they feel that this is only for those who cannot take the stress of life. Men should admit that this is not always the case. Men have to admit that they are getting stressed too and that they are finding it hard to work. By meditating, you are going to bring your cortisol levels down. This means that your testosterone levels will increase greatly.
- Be around someone that you find attractive. It seems that a lot of men usually experience a spike of testosterone whenever they start to find a girl attractive. You may wonder does masturbation increase testosterone but as it turns out, sometimes all it takes is a beautiful woman to make your testosterone levels higher.
- Distance yourself away from drinking alcohol. Time and time again, it is always shown in movies that people want to have sex whenever they are drunk but actually, drunken people will not be able to have sex. Tipsy people can but the sex may not be too pleasurable for them.
- Take zinc. Zinc can easily be taken through the food that people eat and through vitamins and other supplements. When you are stressed out and exhausted because of the work that you have done, take zinc. You may be surprised with the results.
- Sleep in a cold room. It will be easier for you to increase your testosterone levels this way. When you are in a cold room, you can maintain your body temperature easily. Do this before you go to sleep at night.
One thing that you should remember right now is that you have to cut down your masturbation. The answer to “does masturbation increase testosterone levels” is emphatically, NO. It does the exact opposite. It is okay to do it from time to time but do not do it to a point that you will become addicted to it.