With everything going on during the holiday season, no wonder it flies by every year. The parties, the gifts, the food, the out-of-town guests—there’s more than enough on your plate. The last thing you need is another complication, and probably the first thing you need is a cocktail. Calm your anxiety with these easy, breezy holiday cocktails. Holidays are complicated enough. Your holiday cocktails shouldn’t be.
White Chocolate Snowflake Martini
- 2 ounces vanilla vodka
- 2 ounces Godiva white chocolate liqueur
- 1 ounce white creme de cacao
- 1 ounce half and half
- Lemon wedge
- Sanding sugar
- Cut a half-inch slit into the lemon wedge and rub it around the rim of the glass. Pour sanding sugar into a shallow dish then dip the rim in the sugar to coat evenly. Gently shake off excess sugar.
- Add the vodka, chocolate liqueur, creme de cacao, and half and half into a shaker filled with ice. Shake well and strain mixture into glass.
- Serve immediately.
Santa’s Little Ho Ho
- 1 bottle champagne
- 1 bottle of chilled ginger ale
- 2 (10 ounce) packages of frozen strawberries, partially thawed
- In a large punch bowl, combine all ingredients and stir.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with a strawberry or lime wedge.
Vanilla Cranberry Mimosa
- 1 1/2 ounces of vanilla flavored vodka
- 1 1/2 ounces of cranberry juice
- Sparkling wine
- Fresh cranberries
- Whole vanilla beans
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the vanilla vodka, cranberry juice and ice. Shake vigorously, then strain into a champagne flute.
- Fill the glass to the top with sparkling wine.
- Garnish if desired. Serve immediately.
Jack Frost Cocktail
- Light corn syrup for rimming glasses
- Flaked coconut for rimming glasses
- 8 cups ice (more or less depending on desired consistency)
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup blue curacao
- ½ cup vodka or light rum
- ½ cup cream of coconut
- Pour a thin layer of corn syrup onto a plate and dip the rims into the corn syrup, then dip in coconut flakes.
- In a blender, blend ice, pineapple juice, blue curacao, vodka and cream of coconut until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
Cinnamon Roll Cocktail
- 3 Shots of Rum Chata
- 1 Shot of Kahlua
- Fill a shaker with ice. Pour RumChata and Kahlua in shaker. Shake to combine.
- Pour over ice in two short glasses.
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup white peach cranberry juice
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 1/2 ounce vodka
- Fresh cranberries
- Lime juice, corn syrup and flaked coconut for rimming glasses
- Rim the glasses by first dipping in lime juice, then corn syrup and finally the flaked coconut.
- Shake first four ingredients with ice, pour into glasses.
- Garnish with fresh cranberries.
- 2 750 ml bottles your favorite white wine, like riesling
- 1 pomegranate
- 2 oranges, sliced thin
- 6 ounces cranberries, about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 cups ginger ale
- In a large pitcher, combine the white wine, pomegranate arils, orange slices, cranberries and pomegranate juice.
- Chill for at least one hour.
- Stir in the ginger ale and serve.