With Maple, Bacon & Beer in your sauce – do you really need to put it on anything? This is a fantastic sauce for chicken and ribs; full of flavour it brings the summer party to your table.
- 8 slices bacon, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 whole jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 honey brown lager
- ½ cup Maple Syrup
- ¼ cup orange marmalade
- 1 ½ cups ketchup
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper 1 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt to taste
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, fry diced bacon until half cooked.
- Add garlic, onion and jalapeno peppers.
- Continue to fry, stirring until onions are tender and golden brown.
- Pour beer into pan, stirring to loosen the flavourful bits on the bottom.
- Bring mixture to a rolling boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and continue to boil the beer mixture until it is reduced by half.
- Add the maple syrup, orange marmalade, ketchup, cayenne pepper, mustard, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke.
- Return mixture to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste.
To stay in the loop, bookmark our homepage.